All our products comply with the European standard UNE EN 14411, which defines and establishes the terms, requirements and marking criteria for ceramic tiles manufactured by the extrusion or dry pressing method.
The international standard ISO 10545 describes the test methods that are needed to determine the product characteristics that are included in the international standard ISO 13006.
The international standard ISO 10545 is divided into parts, each of which describes a test method or related matters.
Ceramic tiles are divided into groups based on the molding method used and the level of water absorption.
Pressed tiles, that is, they are formed by pressing the raw material in dry powder inside special moulds. These are tiles that can be successively glazed or left unglazed.
The groups are further divided into secondary groups according to the level of water absorption (porosity):
BIA Group = E ≤ 0,5 % UNE EN 14411 ANNEX G BIIA Group = 3 % < E ≤ 6 % UNE EN 14411 ANNEX J BIB Group = 0,5 % < E ≤ 3 % UNE EN 14411 ANNEX H
The standards establish for each group of products, the dimensions, the dimensional tolerances, the mechanical, physical and chemical characteristics, the appearance and the denomination of ceramic tiles.
The tiles in the New Tiles range are obtained by pressing and belong to the BIA, BIIA and BIB groups.
GENERAL TIPS FOR PLACEMENT
- For the correct placement of the materials, it must be applied on level, flat and clean surfaces.
- Structural, perimeter and expansion joints must be respected.
- It is advisable to alternate different pieces from different boxes and spread them on the surface, to respect the orientation of the pieces and the uniformity of the tone.
- For porcelain tiles, the specific adhesive cement must be applied, combing it with a notched trowel on the surface where it is placed and taking into account that the pieces must not be previously wetted.
- For rectangular formats with interlocked placement, this interlock must never exceed 20% of the side of the adjoining piece.
- For cleaning after the placement of materials in general, abrasive products or chemically incompatible products should not be used without prior consultation.
On floor tiles greater than 40 cm on one of its sides, we recommend the use of placement clips (leveling system) to guarantee the flatness of the pieces.
New Tiles S.L. is not responsible for another form of placement.
The product is deliberately characterized by strong color and grain variations that allow the variety and richness of natural materials that have inspired some of our collections to be recreated. For these reasons, when laying the material, it is advisable to mix tiles from different boxes in order to ensure that the finished surface has a varied appearance.
The reproductions of the colors in this General Catalog must be considered as purely indicative.